Monday, July 13, 2015

Week in Training: July 6-12


One day I'll be happy I'm starting to keep up with this, right? So this was officially week 1 of Wine and Dine Half Marathon training. I'm following Jeff Galloway's plan for that since I've found that I love his run-walk-run method of running. His half plan calls for two 45 minute runs during the week, plus a long run on the weekend. This has worked great for my last half and the last two Tower of Terror 10 Milers. Since I'm still doing 4-5 days of my gym's Mission Fit Possible boot camp program, I'm trying to figure out how to train smart. The MFP program is a mix of cardio, some running, and a lot of strength/weight training. I love it....but I know that once the semester starts back and I'm back to teaching full time it will be hard to fit everything in (and I'm not sure how much my knee will take). I think Week 1 was a success though!

Monday (7/6): 60 minute MFP class. This was the first day of a new 8 week cycle, so today was fit test day! (3 miles, pushups, sit ups, squats, and burpees)

Tuesday (7/7): 60 minute MFP class

Wednesday (7/8): 60 minute MFP class

Thursday (7/9): 60 minute MFP class, 3 mile run

Friday (7/10): REST (but did walk 3 miles)

Saturday (7/11): REST (but did walk 3 miles)

Sunday (7/12): 3 mile "long" run, 3 mile walk

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment- I love reading them!