Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Week in Training: 7/13 - 7/19

I forgot to post this on Monday, but another week of work-outs was completed and tracked! This was officially Week 2 of Wine & Dine Half Training, and I'm still trying to balance that with going to my MFP classes at About Face Boot Camp. The MFP classes are actually 5 days a week, but I'm going to skip most Saturday classes to get in my long runs. The 1.5 walks that are listed are my nightly walks with my parents. My dad has decided he's going to walk 3 miles every day...1.5 before work and 1.5 at night, so I'm going to his house to join him most evenings. My mom is joining us too at night....even with a knee injury! I'm so proud....but not quite dedicated enough to be at his house before 6am to join for his morning walks too :) .


Monday (7/13): 

  • 60 minute MFP class
    • Warmup: 3 laps, 10 minutes of hill sprints
    • Workout: 5 sets of 3 exercises, timed for 6 minutes each block, build up to 5 reps of each
  • 1.5 mile walk 

Tuesday (7/14): 

  • 60 minute MFP class
    • LEG DAY 
  • 3 mile run
    • I was hating myself for waiting until leg day to do this run, but then the best thing happened! On my way home from the gym and grocery store, it actually started raining! We've had pretty much NO rain and over a month of 90+ degree days, so I was so happy for the chance to go for a run in cloudy, breezy, drizzly (totally made that word up) conditions! I've definitely had my share of "why in the world did I sign up for another fall race that means summer training runs" runs lately with it being so hot and humid, so it was nice to have a run that I really enjoyed! This run made me remember why I love running so much!
  • 1.5 mile walk


Wednesday (7/15):

  • 60 minute MFP class
    • Hill sprints then weights (upper body)
  • 1.5 mile walk


Thursday (7/16):
  • 60 minute MFP class
  • 3 mile run
    • Treadmill run because WHOA it was too hot after my class at the gym.
  • 3mile walk
    • My dad didn't get his morning walk in, so we walked 3 in the evening. I took him on my normal 3 mile running route around the neighborhood in between where I live and my parents live. I think my favorite comment was about a mile in when he said, "You better NEVER bring your mother on this route." He made the comment because my mom has a torn ACL (she's a rockstar who is still walking 1.5 with us every night in her brace) and the route is way too hilly for her knee to handle. For some reason, walking it made me realize just how hilly it is, whereas I don't think about it all that much when running it.


Friday (7/17):
  • REST
  • 1.5 mile walk


Saturday (7/18):
  • 4 mile run
    • I hated this run. I didn't feel like the running itself was hard....but it was SO hot! I'm trying really hard to ignore my paces on runs right now, because after seeing months of improvements, June and July have been SLOW. With temps and humidity so high, I'm just telling myself that as long as I get the distance in, the paces will start improving again once it cools down.
  • 3 mile walk


Sunday (7/19):
  • REST
  • 3 mile walk

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment- I love reading them!