Sunday, July 5, 2015

2015 American 4 Miler

Yesterday I ran the American 4 Miler, part of a Run for Your Life series, with my favorite 7am workout buddies. I thought it was a great race! 



Packet pickup was super organized and simple, and the course was well marked, had plenty of volunteers, and took us through pretty neighborhoods with lots of shade! I could have done without several of the hills, but we can't really get away from there here! 

After the race, there was live music, good music, and free beer! We took advantage of the finish line being right at Toast and ate breakfast there. 

I didn't try to "race" this run, but ran it as a training run using Galloway intervals of 30:30. Even though I stopped for a full 30-40 seconds in the first mile to look for friends, I was happy to have finished in about 48 minutes. What made me even more happy was when I looked back at data from a training run from last September (when not only was I much slower, but felt like I was dying the whole time). Take a look at the difference!

This is a race that I'll definitely be on the lookout for next year!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment- I love reading them!