Friday, June 20, 2014

Things I'm Loving About Summer



My full time job is a 9 month faculty position at a community college. Not only do I love teaching, but I also am totally in love with having summers off. Now anyone who has ever taught knows that "summers off" is kind of a misnomer, as you're always tweaking units, researching new curriculum, and other things. It's also not completely off for me, since I'm still teaching a class online and doing some part-time work. But- it feels like it is completely off, since I don't have to be anywhere at a certain time, I'm not going to campus daily, and all that.

So, since 1 month of my time off has officially gone by (sad face), I thought I'd list a few things I'm loving about summer so far:
  1. Disney with my mom! We took off for a girl's weekend to Disney for the last weekend of Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival as soon as I was finished with the school year. It was great to get away for a little while, especially to our favorite place! 
    Mom and I in Epcot.
  2. Lots of time with the pups! I love nothing more than spending time with my two dogs, and over the summer I've been keeping my parents pups for a couple nights each week too. It has been great! 
    Sweet Echo!

  3. Running! Before the semester ended, I finally got into a pretty good routine of working out 4-6 times a week, by going to Boot Camp classes. One thing I really wanted to get back to was running- especially since I'm running my 2nd Tower of Terror 10 Miler in October! Being off has given me plenty of time to start training for that (and keep up with Boot Camp too)! 
    Run is done!
  4. Fresh fruit! My two favorite fruits are finally in season! Watermelon and cherries...I could live off of those! It's not nearly as hard to eat healthy snacks with those two fruits around. 
    Cherries!
  5. Pool time! This is only my second time (as an adult) having summers off, and I promised myself that no matter what else I have to do or work on, I WILL enjoy some pool time each week! So far, this has meant spending an hour or two at the pool a couple times a week...but that's more than I used to get, so I'm soaking it up! 
    Pool time
What do you love about summer?


0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment- I love reading them!