Wednesday, July 3, 2013

This Week's Eats: July 1 - July 7

Just like last week, I'm cooking my way through several Cooking Light recipes.

Shrimp and Shiitake Rice Bowls: At the request of my parents, made this one again on the night I cooked at their house. Again, so simple, so delicious. Doubled everything so we all had leftovers for lunch the next day. (Actually made Sunday night...with plans to make again Friday for company.)

Seared Scallops with Summer Vegetables and Beurre Blanc: This was also super simple, and delicious. Scallops are my favorite...I just wish they weren't quite so expensive here. I didn't really care for the Beurre Blanc, so probably would make it without that. (Monday night)

Maple Bacon Mashed Sweet Potatoes: Made this to go with the scallops. Cooked the potatoes in the microwave, scrape out the pulp, mash, add a little butter, milk, and syrup (I used agave), and top with crumbled bacon. I mean, couldn't be bad, right? Right.

Crab Cakes with Spicy Remoulade: I have plans to make this one, but crab is ridiculously expensive. Since I don't want to spend $22 on a pound of crabmeat, I'll look around or wait until I can find it cheaper.

Spice Rubbed NY Strips with Avocado Lime Salsa: Yep, another repeat of last week....because why not when it was a delicious success!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment- I love reading them!