Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekends are for family

My house still isn't clean, but I think that the time I spent on Friday night in church, on Saturday with family, and today hiking with the dogs was well worth it. If there is one thing that I do know for sure, it's that time isn't something we get back, and family may not always be around. Yesterday was a wonderful, gorgeous day spent outside on my parent's back patio watching our dogs play and catching up with my grandparents. My favorite conversation of the day? Explaining to my grandmother that she couldn't finish her drink in the car, since that would be illegal here in NC. I announced that I wanted to bottle up the feeling of happiness I felt about us all being together, just being, and I still feel that way! Mom ran to the store to buy fresh steaks and veggies and we took full advantage of the beautiful and warm weather by grilling. Today we took the dogs to hike around the lake at Crowder's Mountain, and it was great to be outside again! I'm trying hard not to think about being cooped up in class next weekend!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment- I love reading them!