Friday, June 28, 2013

Meal Planning

For a really long time, I tried to plan out meals for the week. I'd sit down on Sunday and plan out what I'd cook each night, then make a list of ingredients, then go grocery shopping. I'm a planner, so I love planning aspect of doing that, but then my plans would fall apart when I decided I wasn't craving chicken on Monday and chicken was what I'd written I would cook on Monday. Or something would come up at work and I'd stay late and not feel like spending an hour cooking dinner when I got home. Or maybe I'd get a call from a friend or my parents offering a last minute dinner invitation.

So to kind of remedy that, last week I still sat down and made my meal plan. But instead of deciding on which nights I would cook each meal, I just picked 3 meals that looked good, bought the ingredients for those, and then decided day by day which recipe worked for me. Since for the most part, I just cook for myself, 3 meals a week seemed like a good goal and would easily be enough for dinners, leftovers for lunches, and a couple nights of leftovers with at least one night out.

Is this rocket science, new, or an incredible idea? Nope, not at all, but I want to document meals here in this space so I have an easy place to come back to for repeats. So hopefully, I'll be posting weekly meal ideas for each week on Sundays.

We'll see how long I can keep this up!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment- I love reading them!